Post by Feirmont on Jun 26, 2020 11:21:44 GMT -5
Regional Holidays ActTitle
1. This Act shall be cited as the Regional Holidays Act.
2. In this Act, a Regional Holiday means a period of time in which occasions of note are observed and celebrations held.
3. Regional Holidays may be created by statute.
4. Regional Holidays shall last from 00:00 UTC of the first designated day to 23:59 UTC of the final designated day.
5. The First Regional Holiday shall be Founder's Day, observed on February 13 to celebrate the founding of Spiritus.
6. The Regional Holiday of Constitution Day shall be observed on June 27th to celebrate the ratification of the Constitution of Spiritus.
Hallows Day and Allhallowtide Holiday
7. The Regional Holiday of Hallows Day shall be established and shall be observed on October 31. Hallows Day shall celebrate the many hallowed spirits, ghosts, and ghouls that roam the forests of Spiritus at night.
8. The regional period of celebration of Allhallowtide shall be established and shall be observed during the period of October 29 to November 2. The celebration of Hallows Day shall comprise an integral part of Allhallowtide, so as to stretch out the holiday like the skeletal hand of Death himself, with the remaining days used for other appropriate celebrations and festivities.
Burn the Chief Executive Day
9. The Regional Holiday formally known as Burn the Chief Executive Day shall be observed on August 8. Burn the Chief Executive Day shall be celebrated with lighthearted banter directed towards the sitting Chief Executive. All comments shall still subject to moderation.
10. It is encouraged that Burn the Chief Executive Day be referred to by informal names based upon whoever is the sitting Chief Executive during the celebration.
The current text of this act, as of July 31, 2020